Saturday, June 25, 2011

Checking in for this week

Today in my baskets (from Bountiful Baskets) I got several plums, mangos, limes, a pack of strawberries, peaches, and Granny Smith apples. I also got a huge head of Romaine lettuce, lots of carrots, a large head of cabbage, celery, and some spring onions. A good haul of fruits and vegetables for only $16.30 total.  This last week from Sunday to Saturday was mostly good. I missed class on Thursday, but will meet with Mindy on Monday.  I didn’t make a goal of working out for 6 days and there were no excuses, I just didn’t do it.  I did have a good workout with Alex today, thanks so much.  Some goals for this week is to keep my food journal, exercise 6 days, increase my vegetable and fruit intake.  Lifestyle change does not happen overnight, my trainer is my friend, and you can do this are things I struggle with daily. Alex, my trainer, makes it bearable to finish my workouts, I am not as motivated but ready to quit without that support. Right now the best I feel I can do is to take the challenge one day at a time.  I have found that preparation is essential to my nutrition and intake goals, but the time it takes is overwhelming, but I feel it should get better.

3 comments:

  1. One day at a time my friend, one day at a time. I totally get the struggle to stay motivated. I'm having a hard time even getting started.

    You have inspired me... I think I'm going to try the Couch to 5k training program on Coolrunning.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work, Bruce. You don't get to the finish line without taking all the steps between that and the start--and often those steps can involve stumbles and trips and even falls.

    ~Brad

    ReplyDelete