Monday, June 20, 2011

First Post whewww!

All,
I really haven’t been neglectful in doing my blog part. I just couldn’t get into the blog and called Janet to get things worked out.  So, my first week was very interesting. I kept a food log, exercised with my trainer, Alex, and Traci last Thursday evening.
The food log was something that I occasionally did while on other diets or routines, but this time I am more determined to succeed so I have made this a priority, not a goal per se, but a priority.  From the very first few day  I saw that I allow work and stress to interfere with my nutrition. When I spoke to Traci about this she wanted me to try and eat smaller meals at closer increments. I am starting that today. The biggest barrier I have is prepping for the food. If I do not prep, I will stop at the closest fast food place and try and make a choice of a good item that really, in my opinion, doesn’t exist.
Last Thursday I went to the Wellness Center to meet with Alex and Traci.  I was so nervous to go, well to be honest, embarrassed. Traci and Alex made me feel very much at ease, and tailored the workout so that I could succeed. Thanks Traci and Alex. I look forward to my twice weekly meeting with Alex.  I thought that I made an appointment with Alex for last Saturday at 11:00 a.m. but when I called him, it was this coming Saturday. So one good thing happened, instead of giving up or leaving, I did cardio for 45 minutes. 
I remembered someone asking me if I wanted to win the contest. After pondering about winning, I just decided that winning wasn’t the apex of this experience, that learning lifestyle changes, committing to improve my lipids, increasing my endurance, and generally feeling better was the prize for me regardless of being the ‘winner’ or not. Don’t get me wrong, it would be great if I were the winnerJ. I think that all of us in the challenge are winners just for trying; but to see the end and have goals in mind, plus the best support from co-workers and the staff makes this a time that allows for new habits to be formed, lifestyle changes to occur, and increased self-esteem to blossom in each and every one of us.

3 comments:

  1. Kudo's to you Bruce! I'll keep checking in and you keep committed! You can succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeaaa Bruce!!! You will do great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, it really means a lot to me that I know you are in my corner.

    ReplyDelete